Wednesday 7 November 2012

To You From Me

Hello everyone, I hope you are all well and having a good week. My week is going well so far, I've been colouring and crafting and managed to get a DT post done and published only a couple of hours late! ha haa.

So this is a Colouring Inspiration post for Make It Crafty, using the gorgeous Melody. She is available as a digi image and comes with the cushion as a separate image, so you can either use her alone, merge her with the cushion, or merge her with another background instead.    I decided to take up Zoe's challenge of non-related colouring mixing; that is, blending colours from different families. So often when we colour, we'll use shades from the same colour family to add our shading and highlights, but it's fun and interesting to mix it up a bit and shade with something from a different colour group.






 
   


In this image, I've used copic markers to colour the dress in non-related colours. The background of the fabric is coloured with a turquoise marker (from the Blue-Green family) and shaded with a marker from the Blue family. And I used a marker from the Yellow family for the flowers and an orange (Yellow-Red family) to add shading. The cushion also has some non-related colour mixing, this time some pale orange (Yellow-Red family) and some browns (from the Earth colours family). I think the end result looks a little more vibrant than my usual way of choosing colours to blend, so I'll be using this technique again.

These are the shades I used on this card:
   

Dress: BG13 + B05 + B34; Y17 + YR04 + YR07
Skin: E000, E00, E21, E11, E13; R20, R22
Hair & Boots: N2, N4, N6, N8, N10
Cushion: YR000, YR20, E31, E35

   
My good news is that I'm able to sit up at the table to colour again.....no more half-lying on the sofa working at odd angles and losing my markers down the sides of the cushions. And I celebrated my return to uprightness by promptly dropping a bright orange marker on my half-finished colouring (doh!!!!). I cleaned it up best I could, but I wasn't going to bin it just because of that, so if you do happen to see my little orange boo-boo on the card, pretend you didn't notice it (wink).



Card Recipe
Scalloped 15x15cm card blank
Image: Melody Digi stamp, from Make It Crafty
Colouring: Copic markers
DP: Pocket Full of Posies by DCVW
Stitched paper is some very old stash from Lakeland
All mats are black cardstock
Ribbon: Crafts U Love
Dies: Spellbinders Nestabilities Lacey Circles and Standard Circles Large; Marianne Creatables 'Forest Branch'
Sentiment is gift from a friend
Heart from stash




I'd like to enter this in these challenges:
ATCs With Attitude - Anything Goes
Card Crafters Circle - Patterned Paper
Kaboodle Doodles - Anything Goes
Moving Along With The Times - Stitching
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
Pink Elephant - Favourite Colouring Medium
Stampin For The Weekend - Anything Goes
Stamp N Doodle - Use A Digi


Thanks so much for dropping by today and looking at my card - I hope you like it. Enjoy your week!

35 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

Hi Carole..so pleased to hear you are upright again must have been so difficult colouring al isn't laying down.
Your card is amazing and your colouring is fabulous, great layout and colours...

Anne

debby4000 said...

Oh this is adorable and gorgeous too.
luv
Debby

Doreen said...

Beautiful card Carole,love the image and fabulous layout.xxx

Jackie said...

Morning Carole, and a lovely sunny, if cold, one it is too!
First up, I think you might want to change hate to late in your post LOL.
In answer to your question, I have about 7 scrapbooks on the go.
I re-read that post and realise that it would be easy to read it as the car was disappearing LOL.
I am so pleased to hear that you are able to do you colouring in a more natural position now...hugs
Your card is stunning, you colouring is even more stunning, and your colour mix is brilliant :o)
Jackie xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Hi Carole, glad to hear you are having a good week, your card is absolutely gorgeous, fantastic colouring of the image I like the papers the colours and the foliage.
Kevin xx

Grenouille Greetings said...

Loving your colour choices and your superb colouring on this prettily designed card. The orange/yellow and teal/blue look stunning together! Hugs, Lesley

Pat K said...

Fabulous card. Beautiful colouring using fab colours. love it. hugs,xx

chrissy xx said...

A Stunning card Carole..Glad that you are at last sitting at the table to do your colouring...
LOving all your colours as always and a FABulous design..
LOve that cushion! Will put in on my wish list..It could be used for T....
Chrissyxx
Oh! And Thank you for showing us your colours xx

Crafty Moone Cards said...

This is stunning Carole, your colouring is amazing as always. Glad you are feeling better. Sue x

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh My Goodness this is amazing, What wonderful colouring, Its amazing, Sorry to hear you have been having back problems, Thanks for playing on MAWTT this week Hazelxo

Joan Ervin said...

WOW, Carole...you have really brought her to life with your fabulous coloring...this is sooo amazing!!!!! I don't know how you manage to color black sooo perfectly....I get it all over me and non-black parts of the image, too...LOL!!!! I'm so sorry I haven't been to visit you in a while...I just hate it when life gets in the way of visiting my blog friends!!!! We had a big Halloween week and then my church craft sale was last Saturday...sure glad that is over till spring!!! My little fingers have been stamped down to the bones...LOL!!!!! We still have all our house guests but we are all getting used to eachother...the dogs all know their bounderies and have been really good. We are really going to miss them when they leave!!! Anyway...hope all is well with you and your hubby!!!

June Nelson said...

oh my word this is amazing sweetie, the boots are fantastic, well the whole thing is fantastic, your a marvel, so beautiful, big huggies June xxxxxxxxxx

Jane said...

Hey there Carole, loving the teal!
Hugs
Jane

krcmasterpiece said...

I see no boo-boo. Only goodness! Great job coloring. She looks so real!


Thanks for playing with us @ Stamp N Doodle! Have a blessed day!

Sue said...

WOW!! This is stunning. I love the pretty image and your colouring is so beautiful.
Thank you for taking part in the Stampin' for the Weekend Challenge
Sue

Anne-Marie said...

I think I had a dress like that in the 60's...hahaa! A stunningly lovely creation...beautifully done....thanks for joining in at Card Crafter's Circle....good luck!

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous! Your coloring is amazing. Thanks for playing along with us at Kaboodle Doodles this week.

Joanne said...

OH YEAH!!! Carole, this is GREAT! LOVE the coloring, especially her boots, AWESOME!!! Love the colors too, so vibrant and HAPPY! Plus, it's such a cute digi! That turquoise stitched background paper looks super. I have some in olive green that I've had for over a year and have never used it! Now YOU have inspired me, lol! (You always do!) Hope you find some energy to craft this weekend, I'll be thinking of you! BIG HUGS & aloha, Joanne xxx

Stacey Schafer said...

gorgeous use of color! thanks for playing along at The Pink Elephant!

Hazel said...

Hi Carole

STUNNING - STUNNING - STUNNING! Love it and everything about it.

Glad you're back in the land of the vertical people!

Thanks for popping by my blog to see me and leaving me some lovely comments.

I hope you have a great weekend.

Take care

Toodle pip

Hazel xx

Kathleen (Kath) B. Hernandez said...

Love all the coloring and the brightly rich colored papers utilized on your card! Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles’ “Anything Goes” themed Items Challenge!

Kath - Admin
Blog: Creo by Lady Katutz
http://creobyladykatutz.blogspot.com/

Kim Dellow said...

beautiful card. Kim

Sharon Caudle said...

Gorgeous! Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful talents with us at Papertake Weekly! Hope you join us again soon!
hugs, Sharon

Cathy said...

Hi Carole, I am so happy to see that you are back in the saddle again.....This card is absolutely AWESOME. I truly wish I could color like you.....You are so talented.....Love Ya, Cathy

Dwita said...

Hi Carole. What a cute image you used here. And your coloring with Copic is amazing. Thanks for joining us at ATCs & Cards With Attitude. See you again next time. Blessings.

Dwita.

Shree's Blog said...

Wow, Wow, Wow, Carole what more can I say this is Totally Out of This World! lol xx

Carole S said...

Loving this, I bought this image, not sure where it is , must look in the files I have here. Brilliant job, thanks for putting up the colours I still need to get more copics, never sure what to get though. Love "HER" xxx

Heather said...

Hi Carole, I'm glad you are OK at the moment!!
Your card is stunning, I love your combination of colours, fantastic details and your gorgeous image is so beautifully colour (as usual!!)

hugs
Heather xx

Lynne in NI said...

Wowee Carole, I could spend hours studying your colouring!! Fabulous card, and I'm so pleased to hear you're now upright!

melsanford said...

Gorgeous card! I love the colours :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Gibmiss said...

Hi Carole
Fabulous colouring.... Gorgeous card...
Hugs sylvie xxx

Janette said...

Hi Carole, Just me popping by incase your around, will keep trying, do hope your ok...have tried to e-mail you to hun....thinking of you, hugs.xxxxxx

Janette said...

Still keep popping over Carole to see if any news from you.....
You are sorely missed my friend, have e-mailed you, do hope all is ok with you....xxxxxxx

Aunty Sue said...

H Carol just thought i would leave a note hope you are doing well and we are missing your stunning work. Big hugs Aunty Sue xx

chrissy xx said...

Oh! I hope it's you that's popped into see me Carole...
I do miss you
Sending Love your way xx
Chrissyxx